Fat reduction and body contouring (also known as body sculpting) has come a long way in recent years. It used to be that liposuction was the go-to treatment for fat reduction without dieting. But, liposuction is expensive, painful, and requires significant down-time after the procedure. Additionally, liposuction is an invasive procedure with potentially serious complications and side effects (everything from numbness to infection and embolism).
Then, along came cool sculpting. Cool sculpting was a less expensive, noninvasive procedure for fat reduction with less down time, and potentially less complications and side effects than liposuction. But, there were still potential side effects, like: bruising; swelling at the treatment site for weeks; temporary blanching of the skin or redness; numbness for up to six weeks; complications from freezing, including skin damage, ulceration or scarring; prolonged or severe pain; “shark bites” –a visible unevenness of fat under the skin; and even the development of new fat deposits instead of fat being destroyed.
Radio Frequency Body Contouring
The good news is there’s a new technology that virtually eliminates side effects and down time. What’s more, this advanced technology actually tightens the skin while eliminating the fat underneath. And, a big plus for many people is that it can also dramatically reduce the appearance of cellulite!
This new technology is brought to you by InMode with a medical device called BodyFX. And since it reduces fat while tightening skin, practitioners are using it to get remarkable results in body contouring. Instead of freezing the fat cells like cool sculpting, BodyFX uses radio frequency that heats and melts away fat cells with little discomfort and far fewer potential side effects than cool sculpting or liposuction.
What’s more, the noninvasive handheld device of Body FX can be used to effectively pinpoint trouble areas all over the body: Is a tummy bulge bothering you? No problem for Body FX. Need a solution for “muffin top”? Body FX is effective. Have fat deposits under the jaw? BodyFX can get rid of it. Or, are you wondering how to get rid of that dreaded cellulite? Body FX can be used for cellulite treatment to smooth out the lumps. And, because fat reduction treatment with BodyFX requires virtually no down time, you can go back to your normal activities immediately.
Real Patient Photos of Abdominal Fat Reduction and Skin Tightening with BodyFX:
The Advantages of BodyFX versus Cool Sculpting
In the world of noninvasive fat reduction and body contouring, cool sculpting is older technology. The evidence shows that the latest technology offered by BodyFX gives faster, more impressive results. Some of the differences of BodyFX versus cool sculpting are:
- Cool Sculpting can’t precisely target fat reduction or tighten skin. So, it doesn’t do truebody contouring or body shaping.
- Cool sculpting uses cold to get results which is a very slow process of fat reduction. Body FX uses heat and radio frequency which destroys fat cells and tightens skin at the same time. Body FX patients see results in as little as six weeks, while Cool Sculpting patients must wait up to four months.
- Cool sculpting takes about an hour to treat each area while Body FX takes only 15 to 30 minutes per treated area.
- Cool Sculpting uses intense cold to eliminate fat, which can be very uncomfortable for the patient. Body FX uses heat that feels like a warm massage to most people.
- Cool sculpting can cause side effects like swelling, prolonged pain, bruising, skin redness, and potentially even permanent scarring.
When you add up all of the pros and cons, it seems clear that BodyFX offers better results with less potential side effects and discomfort. If you’re interested in learning more about BodyFX fat reduction, body contouring, and cellulite treatment, call InShape Medical today at 919-468-3900 to schedule a free consultation. Or, click on the Contact button below to request a time that fits your schedule.